Thursday 31 March 2011

Beautiful Tango




I have been working on a slow burner for the lovely guys at Studio 8. Over the past three months we have been creating a series of covers for Shop magazine. The project involved five illustrators working on around 40 covers, from what I have seen they have been creating some great work. I was initially commissioned seven covers which increased to nine.

The general premise was to take an iconic element of the given city or area and combine it to become a product ie a dress, a ring, a shoe ect

Here is the first of my nine solutions. This was Buenos Aires, I came up with a few ideas and produced two roughs form the list and this one was chosen to take to final, we took the cultural reference of the tango and the shadows of the dancers became the distinctive architecture of the city.

More to come soon

No comments:

Post a Comment